Preggie yoga classes provide a supportive environment for women during their pregnancy and the asanas (postures) are targeted at building physical and mental stamina and endurance required for a healthy and wholesome birth. It is a community of like-minded women who are experiencing similar things to you.
Pre-Natal yoga will teach you to shift your awareness away from your active mind and towards a deep, quiet place within you. A place where you and baby can connect. Pre-Natal yoga offers you the time and skills to assist you to focus and connect with your baby, not to mention helping you stay in shape and strong as well as helping you manage the changes your body goes through during this wonderful but sometimes challenging time in a woman’s life.
Benefits of Preggie Yoga
- Builds endurance which is required for labour and birth
- Helps prevent and relieve back pain, neck tension and improves posture
- Assists moms-to-be to focus and connect with her baby
- Helps with varicose veins and water retention
- Helps balance blood pressure
- Yoga helps to open up the pelvis, learning to let go and surrender.
- Recovery time after birth is greatly reduced
- Helps you to cope with pain during labour
Fees: R440 an hour, R330 for 45 mins. Fees are paid up front in advance. Please contact Stella or Lucia for more information or check the bookings page.
We offer classes for all ages and needs. It is important for a child to build self-esteem, self-awareness and strengthen their mind and body. This is increasingly important today where children face challenges like over-stimulation, technology changing the social fabric and society not to mention struggling to balance school and extra-murals and a social life.
Physical Benefits of Kiddies Yoga
- Develops body awareness, strength & flexibility
- Builds balance & coordination
- Relieves stress & provides a sense of general well-being
- Tones internal organs & promotes overall good health
- Assists with the performance of other sporting activities
Mental Benefits of Kiddies Yoga
- Stimulates imagination, empathy & creativity
- Builds self-esteem & confidence
- increases focus, attention & concentration
- Develops mental balance & awareness
- Improves performance in all areas of life including school
Spiritual/Emotional Benefits of Kiddies Yoga
- Promotes self-awareness & compassion
- Develops a sense of connection & oneness with nature
- Teaches one to honour ourselves, others & all living things
- Builds discipline & a passion for learning
- Teaches children to be gentle with themselves & others
Special Needs Kids
All of the above reasons are as important for kids who need a little more attention in specific areas, but Yoga has been widely recognized throughout the USA and the United Kingdom as one of the fundamental pre-requisites for special needs children including:
REGISTRATION IS OPEN for 2019!
1ST: 16 JAN – 15 MARCH
2ND: 3 APRIL – 14 JUNE
3RD: 10 JULY – 20 SEPT
4TH: 8 OCT – 29 NOVEMBER
Yoga Bunnies (ages 4-6) Tuesdays 14:45 – 15:30
Yoga Stars (Special Needs 8-12): Wednesdays 14:45 – 15:45
Yoga Legends (ages 8-12): Thursdays 14:45 – 15:45
Fees are R450 per month. A sibling discount is available if you have more than one child. Please ask about it. There are only 8 spaces per class and 6 in the Stars Class. To reserve a space for your child, please click here to send an email with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your child’s full name as the payment reference. Then submit proof of payment to email@example.com
Pure Peace Yoga; FNB; Account number 62783628484; Branch code 250-655. Please reference your name when you make payment.