WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
- Those wanting to deepen their personal practice and grow personally.
- Those wanting to embark on a life style of joy, mindfulness, personal growth and creativity.
- Those who understand the above are not solely for your benefit. As an individual your spiritual/mental well-being will benefit others, if you let it.
- Those who consciously want to share their learning through teaching.
- Those wanting to diversify their income.
- At least a year of Yoga practice.
- An open mind, heart, and a curiosity and a willingness to explore.
- A willingness to be vulnerable and authentic.
- 90 % attendance of theory classes and submission of various written and practical assignments.
- A final written assignment of between 1500-2000 words on a topic of your choice, relating to Yoga.
- A final Practical Teaching practical exam which you will be critiqued on.
We are very proud to have our training accredited by Yoga Alliance International.
THE TRAINING WILL COVER A THEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL EXPLORATION OF:
- Yoga History, Philosophy & Tradition: Hatha and Patanjali’s eight limbs of Ashtanga
- A Multi-Faith Examination of Spiritual Truths that encourage Integrated Wellness. ie. mental, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- Chakras (energy centers in the physical and spiritual body) and a lifestyle of Personal/Spiritual Growth, Awareness and Creativity.
- Pranayama, Bandhs (energy locks), Kriyas (cleansing), Meditation and Yoga Nidra (psychic sleep).
- Basic Ayurveda
- Asana Practice that is focused on but not limited to the style of Vinyasa Yoga, bearing in mind that all styles of Yoga find their roots in a 5000 year old practice that continues to evolve to this day.
- Teaching Methodology including: Sequencing, Alignment and Adjustments, Preventing Injury, Voice Modulation, Practical Considerations and Teaching with Intuition
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Workshops with guest teachers/facilitators: Pregnancy and Yin. (The basics – you will not be an expert)
- You will have the opportunity to start teaching at the studio and have access to mentorship in your journey as a teacher.
- You will have access to a further three months of classes at the studio at no cost and there after your classes at the studio are discounted by 30%.
- Includes a CPR course.
- One weekend retreat in June – dates to be confirmed.
YOUR MOST AMAZING AND WONDERFUL FACILITATORS:
Stella Douglas: See Stella’s Bio on our Studio Teacher Page. Chief Instructor and Owner at Pure Peace Yoga
Chakras and a lifestyle of Personal/Spiritual Growth, Awareness and Creativity. Pranayama, Bandhs, Kriyas, and Yoga Nidra. Chanting. Basic Ayurveda Asana/Alignment, Teaching Methodology including: Sequencing, Alignment and Adjustments, Preventing Injury, Voice Modulation, Practical Considerations and Teaching with Intuition.
James Happe: Meditation, Teaching Methodology: Asana Alignment and Adjustments, Ethics. James Happe has been teaching yoga since 2006 and has an approach that emphasizes getting clear on the fundamentals. He has qualified in Hatha Yoga, Jivamukti Yoga and is completing his certification in the Iyengar Yoga method. His focus is on bio mechanics and the underlying principles of yoga that inform all of the postures. While continuing to teach asana (the physical postures of yoga) James’s focus has grown to include mindfulness and meditation training. James has a deep passion for introducing people to this timeless, life-enhancing system and ensuring they have a solid foundation on which to build their own practice.
Peter Richer: Yoga History and Philospy. Peter Richer was trained as a yoga teacher at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwantari Ashram in Kerala, India. He is a regular Hatha yoga teacher at the Sivananda Yoga School in Johannesburg. He is a trained Trauma Releasing Exercise (TRE) facilitator and is a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Peter specialises in seniors yoga and yoga for the older beginner. He is deeply committed to his own exploration of the history of yoga and deeper vedic philosophies in their true meaning.
Kabi Krige: Anatomy and Physiology. Kabi is an Occupational Therapist with a special interest in neuro development. She has also completed her B.Sc degree in Human Movement Science. Kabi is literally an expert in how we move! Her focus is children with disabilities and analyzing movement to help them perform everyday tasks. She has enjoyed her personal Yoga practice for two years. “I love the way I feel after Yoga, it has been so great exploring what my body is capable of.” This will be Kabi’s second teacher training with us “Unpacking what it takes to move the way we do reminds me how creative and clever God is to have designed it all!”
Dates: 4 April – 7 September (18-20 weeks, dependent on public holidays)
72-100 hours: theory, written assignments and reading and 100 practical classes, teaching practicals (at the studio) and workshops.
Theory: Thursday Evenings: 6:30pm – 8:45pm and Saturday Mornings: 8:30 – 1pm
WHAT DOES THIS QUALIFY YOU FOR?
Teaching beginners to intermediate level Vinyasa Yoga and living a life committed to fun, truth and growth.
WHAT IS IT GOING TO COST YOU?
Time, some of your issues and R19 350.00 Early Bird if paid in full is R17 500.00 until 15 March. This will cover all essential materials, course work and very light refreshments.
There are only 6 spaces on this training. To secure yours please pay a deposit of R5000.00 or pay the entire early bird by 15 March 2019. The balance must be paid by the fist week of August 2019, however, payment plans can be arranged. We are passionate about yoga and if you are too, money should not hold you back. If for whatever reason you are unable to complete the course, we cannot refund you unfortunately, however, you are secured of your place on the next training, instead.
FEED BACK FROM SOME OF LAST YEAR’S GRADUATES
“It was the most fulfilling 6 months and I wouldn’t have done my training anywhere else! I made friends for life and found a studio I will always call home.” Sheena Macknezie
“I found the course to be informative, enriching and comprehensive, having touched on many aspects of what yoga is. I feel I now have a better understanding of what it means to practice yoga which I believe is essential to becoming a well rounded yoga teacher.” Lucia van Zyl
“This training changed my life. It took me on a journey of deep self-discovery and it has deepened my yoga practice. I also made life long friends.” Aimee Howard