CULTIVATE – An on-line immersive yoga experience
I’m looking for Eight Intrepid Travelers…
Friends, the deep truth about your life is that no-one can live it it for you. Your joy and your pain is YOURS. Any changes you long for can only be put into motion and sustained by YOU. Are you ready to stop blaming money, your parents, your spouse, your children, your job, fill in the blank… Are you too tired to talk about this? Do you feel called to a life as a healer or teacher of any kind but don’t know what’s next? Do I sound like an infomercial? Yes. Are you angry that I’ve accused you of blaming anyone? Good. Maybe you are one of the eight.
This is a seven month immersion in the practices of Yoga. Many of these practices have now got tons of science backing them, like mindfulness and neuroplasticity and the role of breathing in anxiety and stress management. In this time, you will learn about and practice the philosophy of Yoga. And in some more time, you will let Yoga practice You.
What qualifies me to take you on a seven month road trip inside your body, mind an soul, other than my international accreditation and 8 years of actual teaching? Read the blog to have a more formal (or less?) introduction to Stella Douglas, Medicine Woman and Midwife to Change…
WHY IS IT SO LONG?
It’s seven months because we use the seven Chakras (among other things) in the system as a tool. This work is deep and it takes time. It takes time to learn to make time. It doesn’t happen over nite. It is alchemy. You are going to turn your poo into gold and learn how to do that forever more. Not literally, of course. I’m not promising a magic spiritual poo solution, I’m promising you tools to continue doing this for the rest of your life because while you are alive there is work to be done and the faster you learn to embrace it, the faster you make peace in yourself and for others. This isn’t just about you, but making the world a better place, starts with you. You will be familiar with some practices and some things will be new. All of it will work, if you let it. Can you surrender?
If you are ready to undertake this journey you will know, if not keep reading the blog and coming to class. Be kind to yourself. If you have had a series of “strange coincides” or serendipitous happenings prior to reading this then take note.
STILL WITH ME?
YAY! THIS IS WHAT YOU GET:
We are working on many levels or layers. In Yoga we call these Koshas.
- Meditation: you will receive a guided meditation or Yoga Nidra recording every week for the 7 months, taking you from a beginner practice to a 30 minute meditation practice. That’s 28 guided meditations. What is meditation? Look here and here.
- Vinyasa Yoga video a month: taking you from a 20 minute to a 60 minute practice, with variations for taking it easy or working with more vigour. What is Vinyasa Yoga?
- Yin Yoga video a month: taking you from a 30 minute, to a 60 minute Yin practice. What is Yin?
- Restorative Yoga video a month: taking you from a 10 minute to a 30 minute practice. What is Restorative Yoga?
- Bi-weekly theory questions for reflection and practices to cultivate that are not asana (poses) but are Yogic and some experiments to conduct. Suggestions on how to use your time efficiently to live your spiritual practice and not just dream about it. An apple a day people, not seven on Sunday. These experiments are mental, emotional, physical and spiritual. In order to change our behavior we need to bring our subconscious into the light and align it with our conscious desires. You need to de-construct before you re-construct. More on this when you sign up.
- You also get 2 bi-weekly one on one appointments with me either in person if you are local or via zoom. This time to is to help guide you and motivate you.
- A PLAYLIST of music and inspiration.
WHAT IS IT GOING TO COST?
You know what it costs: time, patience, consistency, awareness and here’s the buzzword: COMPASSION. If you find yourself using time (children, spouse job blah blah blah) as an excuse, you need this more than anyone. We all have lives, you are in charge of how you live it, actually. I am not disregarding your situation or being unkind. We will cover some boundary setting too. This process is going to give you the tools to KEEP doing this work by yourself, even if you have other “commitments”. We are cultivating practices of kindness and consistency, slowly and gently.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MONEY?!
Dāna is a Sanskrit and Pali word that connotes the virtue of generosity, charity or giving of alms in Indian philosophies. It is alternatively transliterated as daana. In Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism, dāna is the practice of cultivating generosity. It can take the form of giving to an individual in distress or need. It can also take the form of philanthropic public projects that empower and help many. According to historical records, dāna is an ancient practice in Indian traditions, tracing back to Vedic traditions.
The minimum dana required to take part is R700 per month for the seven months or R4600 if you want to pay up front (giving you a small discount). This time (mine and yours) is worth much more than that. It is, in fact, priceless and very hard to quantify into monetary terms. If you can and feel moved to give more, even as you feel lead when something helps you tremendously, please feel free. This is not a course you are doing, it’s a Spiritual Practice you are undertaking. I want to continue doing meaningful work and sharing my lessons so that I too continue to grow and make peace. Your contribution gives me time to help us both grow.
HOW DO I APPLY?
There are only 8 places because the practices will be tailored made to your needs. The places are by application. This work means a lot to me and it must mean a lot to you. I need to know that the time that I’m going to give you is not going to be pearls to swine. You are not paying me. We are giving to each other. See the difference? You have to want this. This email is going out to you before this goes onto our website. You have the opportunity to apply first.
How to apply: by motivation of 500-1000 written words OR a voice recording of no longer than 5 minutes OR a self-tape video also no more than 5 minutes.
I want to know why you think this immersion time is what you need right now.
I also want to know:
- What you are most afraid of right now?
- What brings you joy?
- What makes you angry?
You must be honest or there is no point.
Send applications or questions to: to 0768132825 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are considering doing a Yoga Teacher Training in your life, or have done one but want to spend more time on Chakra practices,
you are one of the eight.
Many 200 hour teacher trainings (including my own) lack the detail and foundation needed to be a teacher. If you are intending to do our teacher training with us in the future, these hours will count towards it and you are eligible to receive a discount.
I hope you, are your last guru.
We look forward to seeing you on the mat.